First off I want to thank everyone who has donated thus far. I've made my short term goal and will be doing my bike ride!! I was sweating it but I actually made a little more than I expected. I only have $878 to go to make my final goal. So if you haven't donated already please go to http://active.com/donate/tntgla/tntglaRIngall
Again, thanks to all my friends who donated while I was in a crunch.
I'm going to Hawaii, I'm going to do my century ride! You'll have to excuse me...I read my email telling me I've made the short term amount just a few minutes ago. So I'm sort of freaking out here. To be honest...I haven't acheived many of my goals I've set out to do in my lifetime. I usually let them lay there ignored and unloved. But this is actually happening. I'm going to cross that finish line!
Honolulu Century is only two weeks away! After Saturday practice the team will be dropping our bikes off to be shipped to Hawaii. I must clean Anihan tomorrow and will miss her dearly during out time apart. Here is a(n edited version..don't stalk me) look at schedule for the upcoming ride.Friday, September 28, 2007:
Wake up, eat a good breakfast, pack your gear and head to the airport …it’s finally race weekend!
• 7:05 a.m. – Arrive at airport.
• 9:05 a.m. – Depart for Honolulu.
• 11:05 a.m. – Arrive in Honolulu. Transfer to hotel.
• 1:00 – 7:30 p.m. – Event packet pick-up and Expo. (The packet includes things like the nifty number I have to wear on my back)
• 1:30 p.m. – Assemble bikes.
• 3:00 p.m. – Check-in time at the hotel.Saturday, September 29, 2007
• 10:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. - Packet pick-up and expo. (In case I don't get it the first time)
• 5:30 p.m. – Pasta Party. Don’t forget your PINK pasta party ticket. Tickets will not be sold at the door.
• After the Pasta Party – Meet Coach Ramon in the lobby of the hotel to go over last minute details of the ride.Sunday, September 30, 2007 – RACE DAY!
• 5:00 a.m. – Meet Marcia in the hotel lobby to check-in for ride morning.
• 5:15 a.m. – Ride or walk to the race start.
• 5:30 a.m. – All riders must be at the ride start line. All 100 mile participants will be in the front. (This part is going to make me nervous)
• 6:15 a.m. – Ride starts! Don’t forget to check-in a the TNT Finisher’s Tent after your ride!
• 6:30 p.m. – Victory Celebration begins! At the Marriott in the Kona Moku Ballroom. Don’t forget your YELLOW Victory Celebration ticket. Tickets will not be sold at the door.Monday, October 1, 2007
• TDB – Pack-up bikes to be returned to LA. (Wish Anihan a safe voyage)
• 11:00 a.m. – Check-out of the hotel.
• 11:10 a.m. – Depart the hotel and take the shuttle back to Honolulu Airport.
• 1:10 p.m. – Depart to home.
• 9:35 p.m. – Arrive at home.
• 10:00 p.m. - Mutter something like "BEDD!!" and collapse into deep slumber
Did I mention I want to do next season which kicks off October 16th? It's official, I'm all out crazy. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Today and tomorrow I must hydrate...eat something other than junk food, and rest. It's difficult to maintain a healthy diet while I am in school. I've convinced myself that pizza is a balanced meal. Six months ago I would have smacked anyone who said that to me.
Later days people and stay well! Remeber, send in those donations TODAY and let me know if there are any loved ones you would like me to honor on the day of the ride.